It had been long since I've last posted. I've been very busy with my assignments and practices that I haven't really been able to log in to blogger.
I shall round up this week's practice :)
After hours and hours of practice, I've made a breakthrough. I've finally managed to play through the first few pages of the piece without a stopping. Tempo side, I've only been able to play it very very slowly, around 60bpm? or even slower. But slow practice produce faster results, right? :) Playing back what I've played in the recording, makes me more motivated to finish learning the piece. Might it be even just a few bars improvement everyday, I will still reach the last bar someday :)
Besides practicing this goal piece, I've started on another piece, "Sonata in C minor, op 13", a very popular sonata named "Pathetique". I've learnt the 2nd and 3rd movements, and now I'm trying to finish the first movement too. My piano teacher told me, the first bar of the 1st movement, requires much practice. The fp part, where most people have problem, as it requires a person to swiftly change the pedal so as to achieve a "fp" effect, which I'm still working on it.
My piano teacher also introduced to me a piece called "Danzes Argentina", by Alberto Ginastera, an bitonal piece, which consists of C major on the right hand while the left hand in D flat major. This is my first try on a bitonal piece. It sounds cool, as it just doesn't feels like the typical classical pieces I've played. I've almost done sight-reading with the piece, as the main problem with this piece is the rhythm problems. Notes were still playable :)
I shall stop procrastinating and go practice more now. Till then :D
