<body>
음악

Practice - 16/11/11
Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Today after Performance class, I learned about the different roles of each instrument - The melody, the bass, the rhythm and the pad. As I was playing the pad, I was told to leave out the root of the bass so as to not snatch away the bassist jobs. For example, Cm7, I can leave out playing the C, which means just playing an E flat major chord. I find it very useful :) Also, pads doesn't necessarily means just playing the chords and nothing else, pads can play arpeggios to fill in the "gap" during the song as long as you guide the band of the chord on the first beat of the bar.
Only till today do I realize that playing pads is not as simple as I thought.

Right after school, I rushed home to practice "La Campanella".
Besides revising the part that I've learnt, I moved on to the next variations.
It isn't easy. My hands cannot coordinate quickly.
I went to youtube and search for musicians playing, and I looked at how quickly their fingers jump around the keyboard as though they were dancing.
I tried it slowly and after an hour or so, my right hand were already exhausted from all the jumping around. I shall go and work on my Czerny finger exercises :)

End.




Weizheng (18)

Pianist & Trumpeter@SPSB :)