<body>
음악

FLOW @ THE HALL
Friday, February 03, 2012

Early in the morning 8am, reached level 4 rehearsal room to take the drumsets. Moved down to the hall. Carried the box of cables and mics. Even heavier than the weights in the gyms.
A morning workout.

Then It's showtime!

Performed @ the hall yesterday afternoon with my band (The Slutz)!
Covered the song Hangover - Hey monday & Joshua's original.
The soundcheck was fine, where Tim asked me if I could hear the monitors of me playing. I really could hear it.
Then there goes the real thing, everything went well! The "motif" for my entrance during the breakdown was played correctly! After so much practice! The band also groove with the music, even though there were some minor rushes. Towards the end of the piece, the whole band started playing louder, which overpowered my piano. Then after the performance, Qingle came to apologize saying that he brought my levels down as I was too loud at the beginning, but forgot to push me back when the others covered my sound. I don't blame him though, perhaps in the beginning I was really playing too loudly :P

As an assistant stage hand, I was in charge of setting up the keyboards. Weiliang in charge of the drums while stasha in charge of the guitar and bass. I connected the keyboards to the keyboard amps, then from the amp line out to the ultra DI. The ultra DI output then goes to the snake. At first I was wondering why it didn't work, then I realized that I forgot to switch on the ultra DI. Luckily, I solve the problem just before the keyboardist is sound-checking. Then we helped them adjust the monitors levels, the position of the drums, everything they needed. During the performance, we were all standing at the side, ready anytime to catch any mics dropping, any problems.

After the performance, my group carried back the drum kits. Heavy!!!
Reached home dead tired..




Weizheng (18)

Pianist & Trumpeter@SPSB :)